Monday, October 18, 2010

My Southern Hel%

 Two years ago my family and I moved to Georgia,we left my family and friends, my home, and my job that I so truly loved, we moved to accommodate my husband's work load in Atlanta. Well, one would think that moving for work and leaving your family is  sad, but happy all in one because it was supposed to be the answer to our struggling tile and marble business in St. Louis, the totally opposite thing happened those promised construction jobs, fell through and got pulled. So now here I sit in my own personal hell, the south. You hear about southern hospitality, well I am hear to tell you that is the biggest myth of all time as it does not exist. I have never met more hateful, spiteful, passive aggressive people in my whole life. Don't bother leaving a voice mail for someone, they will not call you back, and the super Christian oh my gosh they are in mass abundance here, you know what I'm talking about the person who will quote every verse from the bible, but the one they so often forget is the "judge not lest you be judged yourself". The public school system is one of the worst in the country, so I home school my children, and they are missing out on the fun stuff elementary school has to offer, well its home school or them be left behind because the focus is on the children that cannot speak English ,

Well, I am happy to say that after the holidays my Mid -Western rear is moving back were it belongs, the Mid -West, not St. Louis but  back to Milwaukee where my family started, where I first felt my independence and grew as a person. Good bye to the scorching heat, and hello to the snow. I will be attending an actual nursing school there, and my husband has many job opportunities as do I. I will take these last 2 years as a learning experience, they have made me stronger,and more determined. I cannot wait to brush  this red Georgia clay off my shoes and be happy again.

No comments:

Post a Comment