Monday, October 25, 2010

One Proud Mom!

My oldest son is Zachary, I have described him at one time as my lifesaver, because without him coming along 17 almost 18 years ago, I really don't know where or how messed up my life would be right now. I was a teen mom I had him exactly one month after I myself turned 18, I was doing what I wanted when I wanted and had no desire to do anything but that until he came along. I was in a bad relationship and Zach and I stayed for two years, and I decided for my son and my sanity we had to go. So off we go to start our lives.


Fast forward about 4 years and that will put Zach at about 6 years old, my new husband and I have enrolled him in school and they have a flag football program, my son wants to play,and of course my husband being the former football player jumps at seeing him learn to play the great sport, little did I know that this would be the beginning of a large part of all of our lives for years to come. I would like to say that my son not only unknowingly saved me from myself, but when he wants to do something he does it right. Fast forward a few more years and we are in 8th grade ball, Zach not only played offense and defense he also was an honors athlete maintaining a B average while giving his all on the football field. Freshman year comes along and that puts us in Atlanta, and a whole new school and environment, the coaches at first blew him off at just a glance, little did they know that "white boy" from the midwest had his mind set on a position and he showed everyone what he was made of, it turns out not only did my son start he became team captain, and he was the first Freshman in 10 years to play Varsity. He never gave up and proved his worth so never judge a book by its cover. Here we are Junior year of high school, and that dedication to football has never let up, Zach leads his team in tackles and QB sacks, college scouts are after my son, and this year he has a shot at the state championship. My heart aches through every game, to see my son give his all and never settles. I see my son moving on to play college ball, and possibly go even further. He being the fighter that he is with many things at times in his life stacked against him, gives me the drive I need to push forward in my education. In a few weeks I will see my son the State Champ I know it in my heart and when I see his hard work pay off I will cry the same tears of joy as the first day I laid my eyes on him, except it is seeing through him a small part of his dream come true and that is be a champ, but to me he will always be my champ. I love you son!

No comments:

Post a Comment